Doctoral degree – Physics (The University of Western Ontario; London, Ontario, Canada)Thesis: “Quantum Coherence and Interference in Metallic Photonic Crystals and Hybrid Systems”
- Master of Science – Physics (Shiraz University; Shiraz, Iran) Thesis: “Muon Cycling Studies in D/T Mixture Including Doubly Muonic Four Body Molecule Formation”
- Bachelor of Science – Physics ( Shiraz University; Shiraz, Iran) Thesis: “Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy”
- Assistant Professor (2014 – Present) – Computational Physics, Department of Computer Science and Mathematics, Nipissing University
Postdoctoral Fellow- LP2L (2012 –2014) Department of Engineering Physics – The École Polytechnique de Montréal– Modeling basic mechanisms of plasmonic enhanced femtosecond laser optoporation and transfection of living cells– Modeling of thermodynamic response of gold nanoparticles to laser irradiation: continuous wave, short and ultrashort pulse– Developed a theory on nanoplasmonic enhancement of spontaneous emission of light for biosensing application
Research Assistant (2008 – 2012) Department of Physics – The University of Western Ontario– Developed computational method on Metallic Photonic Crystals– Modeled quantum dot optical switches– Developed the theory on controlling the dynamics of spontaneous emission from quantum dots by photonic crystals– Developed computational approaches to semiconductor nanostructures– Simulated optics of nanostructure assemblies (quantum dots conjugated with metallic nanoparticles)
Honours and Achievements
- NSERC Discovery Grant 2016 – 2021
Internal Research Grant (IRG) 2015 – 2016Nipissing University, Canada
- Start-Up Research Grant (SURG) 2014 – 2015 Nipissing University, Canada
FQRNT Scholarship (Québec Fund for Nature and Technology Research) 2014 – 2016Postdoctoral fellowship program (declined)
GRSTB Scholarship (Groupe de recherche en sciences et technologies biomédicales) 2012 – 2014École Polytechnique de Montréal
Province of Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) 2011 – 2012Government of Ontario, Canada.
Western Graduate Research Scholarship (WGRS) 2008 –2011The University of Western Ontario; London, ON.