Publications and Presentation
- Refereed Papers
- Seyed Sadeghi, et al and Ali Hatef. “Optically saturated and unsaturated collective resonances of flat metallic nanoantenna arrays”, submitted to Journal of Applied Physics, JR17-1589R (2017).
- Ali Hatef, Naser Zamani and William Johnston. “Coherent control of optical absorption and the energy transfer pathway of an infrared quantum dot hybridized with a VO2 nanoparticle”, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 29, 155305 (2017).
- Ali Hatef, Behafarid Darvish and Amir Yousef Sajjadi. “Computational study of plasma assisted photoacoustic response from gold nanoparticles irradiated by off-resonance ultrafast laser”, Journal of Nanoparticle Research,19:67 (2017).
- Seyed M. Sadeghi, Adrien Dagallier, Ali Hatef and Michel Meunier. “Collective modes in multipolar plasmonic lattices: control of interparticle-gap upward/ downward energy streams”,J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 33(7), 1502-1510 (2016).
- Ali Hatef, Behafarid Darvish, Adam Burke, Adrien Dagallier, and Michel Meunier, “Computational characterization of plasma effects in ultrafast laser irradiation of spherical gold nanostructures for photothermal therapy”. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 49 (2016) 105401.
Ali Hatef, Behafarid Darvish, Yevgeniy R. Davletshin, Adrien Dagallier, William Johnston, David Rioux, Carl Kumaradas and Michel Meunier, “Analysis of Photoacoustic Response from Gold-Silver Alloy Nanoparticles Irradiated by Short Pulsed Laser in Water”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C,119 (42), pp 24075–24080 (2015).
Ali Hatef and M. Meunier, “Plasma-mediated photothermal effects in ultrafast laser irradiation of gold nanoparticle dimers in water”, Optics Express Vol. 23, Iss. 3, pp. 1967–1980 (2015).
C. Boutopoulos, A. Hatef, M. Fortin-Deschênes, M. Meunier “A durable nanolens for nanocavitation based on AuNPs irradiated by off-resonance femtosecond laser” , Nanoscale, 2015, 7, 11758–11765 (2015).
- Ali Hatef, Simon Fortin-Deschênes, Etienne Boulais, Frédéric Lesage and Michel Meunier, “Response of Hollow Gold Nanoshell to Laser Irradiation: Continuous Wave, Short and Ultrashort Pulse”, International Heat and Mass Transfer Journal, 89 866–871 (2015).
- S M Sadeghi, B Hood, A Nejat, R G West and A Hatef, “Excitation intensity dependence of plasmonic enhancement of energy transfer between quantum dots”, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 47 165302 (2014).
- S. M. Sadeghi, A. Hatef, A. Nejat, Q. Campbell and M. Meunier, “Plasmonic emission enhancement of colloidal quantum dots in the presence of bimetallic nanoparticles”, J. Appl. Phys. 115, 134315 (2014).
- E. Boulais, R. Lachaine, A. Hatef, M. Meunier, “Plasmonics for pulsed-laser cell nanosurgery: fundamentals and applications”, J. Photochem. Photobiol. C: Photochem. Rev. 17, 26–49 (2013).
- S. M. Sadeghi, A. Hatef and Michel Meunier, “Quantum detection and ranging using exciton-plasmon coupling in coherent nanoantennas”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 203113 (2013).
- S. M. Sadeghi, A. Hatef, Simon Fortin-Deschênes, and Michel Meunier, “Coherent confinement of plasmonic field in quantum dot-metallic nanoparticle molecules”, Nanotechnology 24, 205201 (2013).
- N. Tawil, A. Hatef, E. Sacher, M. Maisonneuve, T. Gervais, R. Mandeville, M. Me, “Surface Plasmon Resonance Determination of the Binding Mechanisms of L-Cysteine and 11-Mercaptoundecanoic Acid on Gold”, Journal of Phys. Chem. C, 117, 6712−6718 (2013).
- A. Hatef, Seyed. M. Sadeghi, Simon Fortin-Deschênes, Etienne Boulais and M. Meunier, “Coherently-enabled environmental control of optics and energy transfer pathways of hybrid quantum dot-metallic nanoparticle systems”, Optics Express, 21, 5, 5643-5653 (2013).
- Ali Hatef, Seyed. M. Sadeghi, Etienne Boulais and M. Meunier, “Quantum dot-metallic nanorod sensors via exciton-plasmon interaction”, Nanotechnology, 24, 015502 (2013).
- A. Hatef and M. Singh, “Effect of magnetic field on a two-dimensional metallic photonic crystal”, Phys. Rev. A, 86, 043839 (2012).
- A. Hatef, Seyed M. Sadeghi and M. Singh, “Coherent molecular resonances in quantum dot–metallic nanoparticle systems: coherent self-renormalization and structural effects”, Nanotechnology 23, 205203 (2012).
- A. Hatef, Seyed M. Sadeghi and M. Singh, “Plasmonic electromagnetically induced transparency in metallic nanoparticle-quantum dot hybrid systems”, Nanotechnology 23, 065701 (2012).
- Mahi R. Singh, Daniel G. Schindel and Ali Hatef, “Dipole-dipole interaction in a quantum dot and metallic nanorod hybrid system”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 181106 (2011).
- A. Hatef and M. Singh, “Decay of a quantum dot in two-dimensional metallic photonic crystals” Optics Communications 284, 2363-2369, (2011).
- A. Hatef and M. Singh, “Plasmonic effect on quantum coherence and interference in metallic photonic crystals doped with quantum dots”, Phys. Rev. A, 81, 063816 (2010).
- A.Hatef, S.N. Hosseini Motlagh and H. Niad, “Kinetics of Muon Catalyzed Fusion in D/T/H mixture considering Muon Transfer from Hydrogen Isotopes to Helium Isotopes”, International Journal of Modern Physics C, Vol. 13, No. 4 (2002) 525-539.
- Ali Hatef, Simon Fortin-Deschênes and Michel Meunier, “Simulation of nanosecond laser-induced thermal dynamics of hollow gold nanoshells for hyperthermia therapy”, AIP Conf. Proc. 1590, 105 (2014).
- A. Hatef and M. Singh, “The Study of Quantum Interference in Metallic Photonic Crystals Doped with Four-Level Quantum Dots” Nanoscale Research Letter 5, 464–468, (2010).
- M. Singh and A. Hatef, “Quantum interference due to the spontaneous emission in nonlinear metallic photonic crystals” Microelectronics Journal 40, 854–856, (2009).
- M. Singh and A. Hatef, “Time Evolution of Absorption Process in Nonlinear Metallic Photonic crystals”, Phys. Status Solidi C 6, No. S1, S158–S161 (2009).
- A. Hatef, S.N. Hosseini Motlagh and H. Niad (2001) “Kinetics of muon catalyzed fusion in D/T/H mixture considering the muon transfer from hydrogen isotopes to helium isotopes “International RIKEN Conference: Muon Catalyzed Fusion and Related Exotic Atoms- MuCF01, Shimoda, Japan (April 22-26).
- A. Hatef and M. Singh, (2008) “Nonlinear Schrödinger equation method and its application to metallic crystal” American Mathematics Society Fall Central Section Meeting, Kalamazoo, MI (October 17-19).
- M. Singh and A. Hatef (2008) “Time evolution of absorption process in nonlinear metallic photonic crystals” ,Third International conference on Optical, Optoelectronic and Photonic Materials and Applications -ICOOPMA 2008 , Edmonton, Canada, (20-25 July).
- M. Singh and A. Hatef (2008) “Quantum interference due to the spontaneous emission in nonlinear metallic photonic crystals”15th International Conference on Super-lattices, Nanostructures and Nano-devices-ICSNN 2008- August 3-8, Natal, Brazil.
- A. Hatef and M. Singh (2009) “The Study of Quantum Interference in Metallic Photonic Crystals Doped with Four-Level Atoms” 14th Canadian Semiconductor Technology Conference-NGC/CSTC 2009-, August 10-14, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- A. Hatef and M. Singh (2010) “The Study of Three-Photon Absorption in Quantum Dots Doped in Two-Dimensional Metallic Photonic Crystals” Nano Ontario 2010, Ontario Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Workshop, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.
- A. Hatef, D. Schindel, J. D. Cox and M. R. Singh (2011) “Photonic Switching in Quantum Dots Doped in Nano-Waveguides, Nano-Fibers and Metallic Photonic Crystals” International Conference on Frontier Topics in Nanostructures and Condensed Matter Theory, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.
- M. R. Singh, J. Cox, D. Schindel and A. Hatef (2011) “Photon switching mechanism in graphene and quantum dot hybrid systems.” Donosita International Physics Center Workshop on Graphene, August 29 ‐ September 2, , San Sebastián, Spain.
- Ali Hatef and Michel Meunier (2013) “Simulation of laser-induced thermal and plasma dynamics of hollow gold nanoshells in hyperthermia therapy”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Nanomaterials, London, Ontario.
- Ali Hatef and Michel Meunier (2014) “Simulation of laser-induced thermal and plasma dynamics of gold nanoparticle dimers in hyperthermia therapy”, Photonics North, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Invited Talks
- A. Hatef, Seyed M. Sadeghi and M. Singh (2011) “Coherent molecular resonance in quantum dot-metallic nano-particle systems.” Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Harvard University, November 17, Cambridge, MA, USA.
A. Hatef (2013) “Quantum Control of Atoms and New Nanostructures” 2013 Joint Meeting of the APS Division of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics and the CAP Division of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics June 3 – 7, 2013 Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.