In the past, students had a choice of attending weekly meetings or working on individual research topic.
Fall 2014 series is focused on small business financing and on-line trading.
Example of individual research topics in the past:
1. Weather derivatives and moral hazard
2. Capital structure of internet companies
3. Theory and practice of project financing
4. Debt vs. equity under asymmetric information:
a review of the literature
5. Project financing: a review of the literature
A sample of prearranged list of topics is presented below.
|Financial Analysis of Investment Projects|
|Valuation of Firms|
|Topics in Portfolio Management|
|Capital structure theory|
|Initial public offerings|
|Venture capital and private equity|
|Mergers and acquisitions||Lecture9Mergers|