Haibin Zhu, PhD
Professor and Chair
Department of Computer Science and Mathematics
100 College Dr., North Bay, ON P1B 8L7, Canada
Tel: 705-474-3450 ext 4434
- 老子(Laozi, 571 BC? – 470 BC?): ″道可道，非常道。名可名，非常名 (The way that can be told of is not an unvarying way; The names that can be named are not unvarying names).″
- 孔子(Confucius, 551 BC – 479 BC): ″名不正, 则言不顺。言不顺, 则事不成 (If names are not rectified, then language will not be in accord with truth. If language is not in accord with truth, then things cannot be accomplished)″. ″君君臣臣, 父父子子 (Let the king be a king, the minister be a minister, the father be a father, and the son be a son).″
- William Shakespeare (1564 – 1616): ″All the world is a stage, and all the men and women merely players; they all have their exits and entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts″.
- Charles Darwin (1809 – 1882): ″It is not the strongest of the species that survive, but the one most responsive to change.″
- Wernher von Braun (1912-1977): ″Research is what I′m doing when I don′t know what I′m doing″.