Timothy Sibbald, PhD, OCT
Telephone: 705-474-3461 ext. 4653
The Academic Gateway
Click on the image for the University of Ottawa Press catalogue description.
These are provided to give an indication of what will be done, but they are changed year to year and updated versions will be provided at the start of the course. Please do not use these for anything beyond having some idea of what the course will be like.
For the Morley triangle resources, right click - save as - and then open using GeoGebra.
- Teacher Mobility Project. Looking at the reasons why teachers move within school boards.
- Mathematics education. This is primarily within the K-12 school classrooms with a focus on pedagogy and content. It currently includes a focus on interdisciplinary mathematics as well as instructional practices for expanding the content reach of the curriculum.
- Pre-service teacher development. Developing best practices for training effective mathematics teachers.
- Teacher development. Focus is on continued support for in-service teachers. Interests in developing pedagogical and content knowledge of teachers. Also interested in reflective practices and the somewhat dated 'teacher-as-researcher' field.
- Content development. Exploring methods of bringing new elements of mathematics into the classroom. The focus for this is making the content accessible as opposed to improving existing curricular interpretations or implementations.
Lifetime Publications (August, 2016)
|Books Edited || 1|
|Articles in Refereed Journals ||31|
|Book Chapters || 2|
|Magazine Articles ||10|
|Technical Reports ||40|
|Other Reports || 3|
|Non-refereed articles ||11|
|Book Reviews || 9|
|Conference Papers ||20|
|Keynotes, Invited Papers, & Public lectures || 2|
|Electronic Documents and Multi-media Productions || 2|
|Workshops and Seminars Presented ||51|
This webpage was last updated: July 1, 2017.