This year of 2019-2020 I am teaching a new exciting course on Digital Marketing and a few courses that I taught in past
- MKTG 3306 Digital Marketing (NEW!) – this course span out of MKTG 4436: Innovative Approaches. Here we apply marketing theory to digital strategy and tactics. The topics include (but are not limited to)on- and off-site search engine optimization (SEO), display ads, social media, mobile marketing, etc. There is also a hands-on simulation game: Mimic Pro offered by Stukent. In this fascinating simulation you will be managing tens of thousands of simulated $$ practicing A/B testing and Conversion Rate Optimization. One big bonus: once you acquire the course textbook “Digital Marketing Essentials” by Jeff Larson and Stuart Draper, you will have a lifetime access to the update textbook and its case-studies!
- MKTG 2127 Marketing for Managers – ah, well, this one is a very special one. It is offered for the last time this year. There are many case studies that students go through. Is it tough? Oh, yeah! Is it fun? Yes, it is… but you will understand how fun it is only when you are done with it and are headed to your next course (so I have been told by many students). Till that point you might want to buckle up for a pretty bumpy ride. But I promise, there will be many fun games on the road:)
- MKTG 2126 Consumer Behaviour (previously, 3126) – In this course we explore different aspects of consumer behaviour. The course project is done based on observational approach and students get a chance to observe consumer behaviour in different retail settings. Our poster presentations are usually fun!
- MKTG 3416 Communications – Advertising and Promotion fun-fun course where you could let your imagination fly and… shine! Last few years students got creative in presenting their research of different art movements in advertising in North Bay’s own Discovery Museum. Fun, eh?
Past Courses taught
In past, I have taught a number of 1st-4th year courses as well as supervised many wonderful students in their iLEAD courses:
- ADMN 3337 iLEAD Field Placement I
- ADMN 4437 iLEAD Field Placement II
- MKTG 1126 Marketing Concepts
- MKTG 3417 International Marketing
- MKTG 3436 Social Marketing – applying marketing concepts to change behaviour for social change
- MKTG 4436 Innovative Approaches in Marketing – check out wonderful “buzzing” projects students have been leading in this course: An All Heart Rescue: Opie’s Story, Fire Safety Rob! Nipissing University Residence
In addition to my teaching in Nipissing University, I am also teaching a Master’s level course of “Integrated Marketing Communications” in the University of Vilnius (Lithuania – a beautiful country in Baltics).
Disclaimer: All photos are posted with the permission of students